In this project, we will handle culture elements as language, education, customs and traditions, values and attitudes. Art is another element of culture which will be handled separately with its elements of folklore, music, dance and theater. While processing culture and art elements with a student-centered approach, the teachers will get a professional insight on good and innovative practices. Such an effective application becomes possible through sharing knowledge and experience among teachers. At this point, the most important issue is how to share knowledge and experiences which forms the essence of our project.
Our initial aim is to create awareness of the cultural, art, knowledge and experience fabric of the 3 partner countries through examination of traditions, feasts ,art, customs and games in these countries. This comparison and analysis of cultural similarities and differences will be of great interest to the students and teachers of all participating countries. The students will explore not only aspects of other cultures but also their own culture including music, arts and crafts, history, culture language, traditional games, etc.
The target gruop of the project is; students, teachers, parents, managers and relevant stakeholders.
Cultural exchange of three different countries will only be possible with these kind of strategic partnership projects.
C.A.K.E is based on the following principles. All the partners in project will work and share knowledge and experiences with active participation of participants. The experiences and knowledge acquired will be brought together. Thus, in the future we will be able to take steps with more awareness. 3 transnational meetings and 2 Learning-Training-Teaching activities will be held to ensure cooperative work. With active learning together, this project will provide a significant contribution to the development of new ideas via embracing differences and unifying them in creative environments of different countries and cultures.
- “Sharing Day” events will be made
- “Sharing Box” for disabled and disadvantaged individuals in partner countries will be created,
- The best and innovative practices in classrooms by teachers will be shared in the European dimension of the investigation,
- A photo contest for students will be organized to know and introduce cultures,
- Partner countries will develop their culture-specific memory and intelligence games,
- Partner countries prepare documents that introduce their own famous artists,
- Culture-specific models and reproductions of works will be prepared as well as he exhibition of the artists’ works will be opened,
- Representations about intercultural communication at schools in partner countries will be held,
- Theater plays about different cultures will be performed,
- Dance shows from different cultures will be performed,
- A music activity including musical elements of different countries will be carried out,
- Culinary activities as learning, preparing different cultures cuisines will be done,
- A simple and informative video about culture will be prepared,
- Sign language will be add to the video for people with hearing impairments,
- Web platform for sharing experience will be created.
In the long term the project outputs will be a source for all schools and teachers involved in educational settings. All the activities and performances will be promoted during and after the project. To disseminate project outputs and attract the attention of a large number of people, there will be news releases, the press will be invited to the opening of the exhibition, posters and brochures of the video display will be distributed presenting the content of the project.
In light of the planned activities and events, the following Intangible Results are expected to be achieved:
- Establishing the sharing infrastructure of CAKE (Culture, Art, Knowledge, Experience) at schools,
- Continuity of exchange of experiences and good practices among teachers,
- Collaborative research, surveys, studies and analyses,
- Construction of virtual mobility,
- Increasing the interest in learning foreign languages,
- Fostering cross-cultural sensitivity,
- Enhancing the appreciation for social, linguistic and cultural diversity.
- Creating European citizenship identity.
- Gaining the ability of recognizing differences and tolerance.